What is GeoTrellis?
GeoTrellis is a Scala library for creating web applications with large geospatial data, including raster, vector, and point cloud data types.
View Eugene’s slides from the event for a full overview of GeoTrellis capabilities.
— GeoPhilly Meetup (@GeoPHL) October 26, 2017
Upcoming GeoTrellis 1.2.0 Release
GeoTrellis 1.2.0 started the release process with GeoTrellis 1.2.0 RC-1 – the first release candidate that allows users to test the new features before the official release.
GeoTrellis 1.2.0 will include several new features and 20+ fixes. Reference the changelog for detailed information about each new feature and fix.
List of New Features
- Polygonal Summaries over Time
- Regridding a Tile Layer
- Robust Layer Querying
- Storage on Azure via HDFS
- S3 Configurability
- Configuring JTS Precision
- Polygonal Summaries for MultibandTiles
- Filter GeoTiffRDDs by Geometry
- Can create ValueReaders via URIs through LayerProvides classes
- Can read/write GeoTiffs with Sinusoidal projections
- Can Resample via Sum operation
In a move to make GeoTrellis accessible to more users, the team wrote a Python binding, GeoPySpark, for the geoprocessing framework originally written in Scala.
Read more about GeoPySpark and how to run GeoPySpark in a GeoNotebook in these blog posts:
Stay in Touch
The team would also love to hear how you’re using GeoTrellis for your work!