Summer of Maps offers $5,000 fellowships to students to perform geographic data (GIS) analysis and visualization in support of the social and civic missions of non-profit organizations.
Are you a student GIS analyst looking for a unique professional experience over the summer? Here is your chance! Student applications will open tomorrow, Wednesday, February 26, and we’re inviting you to participate.
During your 3-month fellowship you will work closely with a mentor on two projects of your choice. This will include:
- Training on the best GIS practices and systems in real contexts
- Writing actual scopes of services
- Participating in client meetings
- Working directly with clients
- Presenting your final analyses to colleagues, their clients with and their potentials funders
- Communicating your findings to the press
While you need to be able to work in Philadelphia for the summer, this is open to any student enrolled with an accredited college or university in the United States as of April 2014. For more about the program and student eligibility, click here. You can also check out our student FAQ or meet our alumni.
The application will be available at www.summerofmaps.com starting February 26 until Sunday, March 16, 2014. We look forward to reading your application!
If you cannot apply or are not eligible, please consider downloading this printable flyer to help us spread the word.