It’s tough to prognosticate for an entire year, but here are some things we’ll be building with many of you:
- OpenTreeMap Cloud – We are working hard to expand the functionality of our urban forestry solution. We expand to add simulation modeling, prioritization, support for green stormwater infrastructure tracking, gamification, an API, and support for contests and team collaboration.
- HunchLab – We expect to roll out the initial releases of our re-worked crime forecasting product in the 1st quarter and start to add support for mobile devices later in the year.
- DistrictBuilder – We are working on some new international work as well as applying DistrictBuilder for optimizing sales territories in businesses.
- Cicero – We want to extend the API to support batch processing for lists of addresses so that people can upload a spreadsheet of addresses and automatically “stamp” them with legislative representation.
- GeoTrellis – We’ve submitted the project to the Eclipse Foundation’s LocationTech working group. We’ll be working hard to finish the “incubation” process with the Foundation and to complete a 1.0 release. We are also going to be integrating this into our OpenTreeMap and HunchLab products as well as enabling new types of client projects.
- Other Elections Work – We’re going to be doing some new work with the Google Civic Information API. Stay tuned.
- Coastal Resilience – We’ll be extending the new Coastal Resilience project we’ve been building with The Nature Conservancy.