This past week we announced the 2013 Summer of Maps fellows and the non-profit organizations they will work work. Please join me in congratulating:
Mr. Tyler Dahlberg, MS in GIS for Development and Environment at Clark University, working with:
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia – Analysis and visualization of bicycle activity in Philadelphia
- Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger – Visualization of high-need residents and underserved areas in Philadelphia for Coalition Against Hunger assistance
Ms. Julia Reeves, Growth and Structure of Cities, Haverford College, working with:
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society – Analysis of urban tree mortality with active and non-active tree tenders
- Texas Trees Foundation – Analysis of tree planting locations to prioritize planting projects while evaluating the impact of canopy change in the City of Dallas
Ms. Lena Ferguson, Growth and Structure of Cities, Bryn Mawr College, working with:
- Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children – Mapping of need versus capacity of high-quality childcare in the Delaware Valley
- Sunlight Foundation – Mapping and analysis of political influence on members of the U.S. Congress
We are very excited about working with these talented students and the projects they will develop.
We are also enormously grateful to the following organizations for sponsoring a fellow:
Big round of applause to them. Their sponsorships have enabled us to expand the program this year.