Applications for Summer of Maps Spatial Analysis Grants are open until January 27, 2019. Nonprofits apply now!
What is Summer of Maps?
Summer of Maps is a fellowship program that matches nonprofit organizations that have spatial analysis needs with top students pursuing careers in geospatial data analysis to complete projects over a three-month period during the summer.
Nonprofit Grant Recipients
From June to August 2019, the selected nonprofit organizations:
- Receive a grant of analysis services from a skilled student GIS analyst to geographically analyze their data
- Visualize their data in new ways
- Combine their data with other demographic and geographic data
- Receive high quality maps and visualizations that can be used to support new initiatives, make a case to prospective funders, or advocate for a cause
Summer of Maps Fellows
- Work on a spatial analysis project that supports the social mission of two non-profit organizations
- Work with Azavea mentors to improve their GIS and project management skills
- Receive a monthly stipend
- Gain work experience implementing real-world GIS projects
- December 4, 2018: Organization application opens
- January 27, 2019: Organization application closes
- February 15, 2019: Student application opens
- March 10, 2019: Student application closes
- April 2019: Announce Student Fellows and Organizations
- June 2019: Fellowship starts
- August 2019: Fellowship ends, projects delivered to Organizations
We are looking for sponsors for the 2019 season of Summer of Maps. Please reach out if you are interested in sponsoring a fellow, mentor, or nonprofit organization for 2019!
If you would like more information about the Summer of Maps program or about ways you can get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.