Applications for Summer of Maps nonprofit data analysis services grants are open from December 5, 2016 to February 5, 2017.
What is Summer of Maps?
Summer of Maps is a fellowship program that matches nonprofit organizations that have spatial analysis needs with talented students pursuing careers in geospatial data analysis to complete projects over a three-month period during the summer.
From June to August 2017, the selected nonprofit organizations will:
- Receive a grant of analysis services from a skilled student GIS analyst to geographically analyze their data
- Visualize their data in new ways
- Combine their data with other demographic and geographic data
- Receive high quality maps and visualizations that can be used to support new initiatives or make a case to prospective funders
The fellows will:
- Work on a spatial analysis project that supports the social mission of two non-profit organizations
- Work with Azavea mentors to improve their GIS and project management skills
- Receive a monthly stipend
- Gain work experience implementing real-world GIS projects
Student applications will open in February 2017.
Nonprofit data analysis services grants are open from December 5, 2016 to February 5, 2017.
Summer of Maps is organized by Azavea, but we are always looking for partners or sponsors! Please reach out if you are interested in sponsoring a fellow, mentor, or nonprofit organization for 2017!
If you would like more information about the Summer of Maps program or about ways you can get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.