Many applicants have told us that our interviewing process provides the unique opportunity for both parties to get to know each other beyond what might be included on a resume or company website.
You can expect to:
- Learn about the history of the company, Azavea’s culture, why we do what we do, etc.
- Meet with several Azavea team members, from the owners of the company to project managers and software developers.
- Depending on the position you are applying for, you might be asked to give a brief presentation (no more than 20 minutes) about a project you have either led or on which you have played a key role. This need not be a work project – it could be from a hackathon or other professional activity with which you are engaged. The whole company is invited to these presentations, so assume a diverse audience.
Applicants for technical positions can also expect to:
- Work through several software engineering problems.
- Possibly do some pair programming.
- We are not fashion mavens nor do we expect our applicants to wear their tuxedos to the interview. Our policy is “dress for the day” and you should feel free to do the same, but ‘business casual’ is about as dressed up as you should be.
- Depending on the position you are applying for, you can expect the interview to be about a 1/2 day.
- We will print all your application materials. There is no need to bring copies of your resume.
- Are you coming to our offices from afar? Ask us about our travel reimbursement policy for applicants from out of town.
- Directions to the office, in addition to information on public transportation, biking, parking, and access to the building can be found here.
Still have questions?
Contact us at: